Facing issues with your Instax mini 8? You might have already got a massive shock by seeing your Instax mini 8 not working lights flashing, yet the truth is that you are not the only one who has experienced this issue.
Fuji Instax mini are small yet powerful cameras with advanced features, but even the best technological products can sometimes create issues. That’s why you shouldn’t panic and start to find the solution to get your mini 8 camera back to work.
Don’t know how to troubleshoot Instax 8 mini? This article will explain the things in detail. Continue reading the article to learn about the possible reasons and ways to fix fujifilm mini 8.
Ready? Let’s move on!
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Overview
With the Fujifilm Instax 8 mini, you can share instant prints with your family and friends. You may experience a few problems with your Instax mini 8 if it is not working or its lights are flashing. The most common reasons behind experiencing such problems include a dead or dying battery, incorrect installation of the film, or a faulty shutter.
Checking the camera’s settings and replacing the batteries can sometimes resolve the issue. However, it doesn’t work everytime and you’ll need an expert. To see if your camera is covered by warranty, take it to a shop for repair or contact Fujifilm.
Read More > How to Fix Problem of Polaroid Cameras.
Why Is My Instax Mini 8 Not Working Lights flashing?
Your Instax mini 8 may be flashing lights due to two main issues: battery or a film issue.
Everytime you turn on the camera, make sure to check the batteries for any kind of issues to avoid any problems later on.
However, at times the problem may not be with the batteries.
Here are a few possible causes and solution of why is your Instax mini 8 not working properly.
01: Why Battery Isn’t Working?
- A low battery in your Instax mini 8 will cause the lights on the camera to flash. It’s an indication that your battery is almost drained and must be charged immediately. A completely drained battery will not power the camera.
- The camera will flash if it cannot detect the power from the battery due to corroded battery contacts. Corroded battery contacts make it difficult for the transfer of power from battery to the camera.
- In most cases, this issue can be resolved by replacing the battery. The Instax mini 8 should be powered by a battery compatible with it.
- Recharging the battery also works if the issue is only drained out battery.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the battery contacts if they are corroded. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
02: Issues With Instax Film
- Improperly attached film does not works making the camera to flash continuously as an indication of the issue.
- The film might be damaged resulting in malfunctioning of the the camera.
- The Fujifilm films have an expiry date mentioned for the users to help them know that their film is only usable for the specific date. Flashing lights of the camera can also mean that the film has already expired and unable to work now.
- Long periods of non-usage result in the disturbance in the working of the film. It’s recommended to use the film once in a while to keep it fresh and working. However, if you’ve not done this from long, it’s time to get a new one.
- Reinstalling the film can help eliminate the first cause. Turn the camera off, take out the film and clean its sides with a soft cloth. Now place the film back in the camera and power on the button.
- Replace the film with a new one if it is damaged.
Your camera will keep on flashing until you resolve the battery and film issues, so it is recommended to resolve the issue as soon as possible to avoid any further damages to your camera because of continuous flashing.
Why Is Your Instax mini 8 Blinking Orange or Red lights?
Seeing your Instax mini 8 blinking orange or red lights might be a mini heart attack to you, but the reason is not too scary. Orange or red lights in Instax mini 8 mean your camera isn’t loading the film properly or the battery isn’t charged.
First, check if your battery is fully charged or not; if it’s not then let it charge. Try to turn on the camera and take pictures once the battery is fully charged. In case you’re still not able to take pictures, then there could be two reasons:
1: The battery is dead, and you need to replace it with a new one now.
2: Instax mini 8 isn’t loading film accurately. Take the film out and reinstall it to resolve the issue.
Instax mini 8 Won’t Take Pictures After the New Battery Replace
Replacing the battery of the Instax mini 8 may seem an easy task, but sometimes it isn’t because you may experience Instax mini 8 won’t take pictures after the new battery replace.
There are several reasons for it, have a look at these reasons and solutions to get your Instax mini 8 work after the new battery replacement.
(i) Battery installation or connection may need to be fixed. All connections should be secure, and the battery should be inserted correctly.
Take out the newly installed battery and check if all the connections are accurate. Then reinstall it properly to let the Instax mini 8 work properly.
(ii) There may be a problem with the battery. Sometimes even new batteries can have issues with them, leading to a failure of your camera’s working.
You might be able to resolve the issue by replacing the battery with a new one.
(iii) You may have a stuck shutter. A stuck shutter in Instax mini 8 does not allow the camera to work, giving a misconception that there’s some issue with the battery.
Check if the issue is resolved by gently tapping the camera; if not then you’ll have to take the camera to the technician.
(iv) You may have set your camera incorrectly. Ensure that the film is loaded correctly and that the settings are correct.