Don’t let your dream down. A perfect shot boosts your confidence. You can make your dream come true with an ideal device. In this modern age, all photographers upgrade themselves.
So why are you holding back? Try a mirrorless camera to get a seamless experience. You may have heard these types of cameras are pretty expensive. Now, you may purchase a DSLR camera.
The answer is “BIG NO”. “HOLD ON!” Getting a mirrorless camera at an affordable price is possible. So, which is the best cheapest mirrorless camera?
In my guide, I’ve listed the six best and most affordable mirrorless cameras. After reading this content, decide whether you should purchase a DSLR or mirrorless camera.
Let’s get started, May I?
Quick Summary for Cheapest Mirrorless Cameras
- Best Cheap Mirrorless Camera Overall – Panasonic LUMIX G100
- Cheapest Backpacking Mirrorless Camera – Sony Alpha a6000
- Cheapest Beginner Mirrorless Camera – Canon EOS R100
- Cheapest mirrorless camera for content creators – Canon EOS M200
- Cheapest Digital mirrorless camera – Fujifilm X-T1
- Best Cheap Compact mirrorless camera – Sony a5100
DSLR or Mirrorless Camera: Which one should you buy?
“A fish in a troubled water!” It’s not just a group of words or phrases. Don’t become foolish after purchasing the wrong one.
There is a two-dead against group among the tech bloggers. The first group supports the DSLR model because of particular facilities. Another group believes in “Updated and modern technology.”
If you get all the features at a comparatively low price, why is it necessary to invest in an expensive one?
In a mirrorless camera, you will get all the premium features like interchangeable lenses, a quality viewfinder, advanced autofocus, auto image optimization, etc.
These features are generally available in an expensive DSLR and not cheap DSLR. Make sense, right?
Similarly, a mirrorless camera is perfect for all skilled photographers: From Beginner to PRO. It happens because of their easily understandable functions.
Well! Having a low budget is acceptable. No need to scroll for long hours. I make it easy for you.
Are you a beginner? No problem. Before deciding, I’ll share several criteria that you should follow. Just scroll down! You can skip this part if you’ve sufficient knowledge of it.
Cheapest Mirrorless Cameras – A Beginner Purchasing Guide
Don’t be emotional. Try to be realistic and practical. As a beginner, you should know the criteria. An ideal item has several qualities. The camera is not out of the list.
To make a fast decision, I’ve made several criteria. If you follow from top to bottom, you can avoid the wrong product.
Let’s check it out:
01. Sensor size
The sensor size is the first and primary consideration for getting a better mirrorless camera.
A few standard sizes include micro 4/3, APS-C, and Full Frame. Among them, APS-C is one of the best sensor sizes. Try to pick a camera that contains an APS-C sensor.
Manually focusing enhances your skills. For the novice, it is hard. As a novice, try to pick a camera with an autofocus system. Specifically, it must have an eye and face detection capability.
Most of the mirrorless camera has electronic viewfinder. Make sure it has an electronic or LCD viewfinder. If you get an LCD viewfinder, then it’s a plus point at a low price.
04. Image stabilization capabilities
It’s a premium facility. All the mirrorless cameras under a low budget do not have such facilities. If you found this feature, don’t think twice.
You must read the reviews from the product page. An ideal camera’s battery should service at least 5 hours. You can only understand by reading from the existing user’s comment.
That’s it! These are the minimum requirements. A quality mirrorless camera must go through these criteria.
Which Cheap Mirrorless Camera Is for You (Comparison Table)
Don’t have much time to read the whole content? Here’s a short preview. You will get all the data in a table.
Let’s check it out.
|Panasonic LUMIX G100||Sony Alpha a6000||Canon EOS R100||Sony a5100||Canon EOS M200||
|21.7 MP||24.3 MP||24.1 MP||24 MP||24.2 MP||16 MP|
|3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches|
|1.30 lbs||0.76 lbs||1.20 lbs||0.62 lbs||1.19 lbs||0.97 lbs|
Best Cheapest Mirrorless Cameras -Top 6 Recommended
Cheapest item doesn’t mean low-quality item. You can get a top-notch item with a low budget. The problem is “Searching capabilities!”
As a beginner, it’s hard to know where and which cheapest item is the best. In this case, choosing the wrong item is easy.
The listed 6 items will open your eyes. I’ve described all the points in such a way that any beginner can make a purchase decision. Don’t skip any point.
Let’s see which one matches according to your recommendations and budget:
01. Best Cheap Mirrorless Camera Overall: Panasonic LUMIX G100
When you’ve two prospects in your hand, then it’s challenging to determine. Why I’m saying that?
Panasonic LUMIX G100, Nikon D850, and Fujifilm X-S20 have the same popularity in the market. As a newbie, you need clarification. Due to the competitive buffer depth, some tech bloggers highly recommend the Fujifilm X-S20.
Is it the only reason to purchase the Fujifilm X-S20 instead of the Panasonic LUMIX G100? If so, go with the Fujifilm X-S20 or Nikon D850.
“In my opinion, you shouldn’t purchase any camera just because of only one feature. You should dig in deep.”
To get a perfect shot, lens, focus, and image stabilization are the key components. According to my experience, the LUMIX G100 is far ahead of the Fujifilm X-S20 and Nikon D850.
However, the shutter sound needs to be better than the LUMIX ZS200D. Moreover, you will get 1/16000s with LUMIX ZS200D. On the other hand, you will get 1/500s with Panasonic LUMIX G100.
In this case, if you compare it with price, then it’s OK. I know you are here to find the cheapest mirrorless camera. Right? If so, then the budget obviously matters.
Let’s talk about the image stabilization feature. In the debate between DSLR and mirrorless cameras, mirrorless get 20%+ upvoted.
Well, You can experience 5-axis HYBRID Image stabilization, which is absent in Panasonic G7. Both have the same price. In this case, it’s a win-win situation.
All the connectivity features like Bluetooth, wifi, and ports are the same compared to other models in the same range. In these things, no one is a competitor.
You’ll get slight advantages in case of resolution. 20.3 MP is a good option around this price range.
Under the condition that G7 has 16.0 MP, Lx10 bears 20.1 MP, and FZ300 contains 12.1 MP.
So, how long the battery could last? You will get at least 5 hours of stand-by performance with this Lumix G100 camera. In the case of capturing a photo, you will get extra with it.
Not convinced yet? Let’s talk about its highlighted key feature which makes you decide to purchase.
Highlighted Key Feature:
- Interchangeable Lens: You’ll experience a 4/3 lens system. It improves your artistic expression, adaptability, and, most importantly, telephoto reach.
- Interval Recording: Panasonic LUMIX G100’s unique feature is interval recording. This feature is useful in time-lapse photography and creative effects. Moreover, this feature extended the battery by conserving.
- Articulating Touchscreen LCD: To get a flexible shooting angle, articulating LCD is a must. It enhances focus and composition. You will experience proportional video shooting and a user-friendly live view.
- Perfect for use as a webcam and live streams.
- Built-in Microphone with Tracking.
- Free angle monitor
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery.
- Some of the users experience weird shooting sounds.
If you’re not concerned with it, then enhance your memory wall.
02. Cheapest Backpacking Mirrorless Camera: Sony Alpha a6000
Sony is a brand of excellence in the camera industry. I’m feeling nostalgic when hearing about the Sony camera.
You will get plenty of models, from expensive to cheap. Among them, one of the finest and well-built quality cameras is the Sony Alpha a6000.
It is an excellent choice for the videographer, photographer, producer, and all the digital enthusiasts whose budget is within $500.
Sony Alpha A6400 is an overhyped and popular camera model. Due to its LCD viewfinder type and Exmor RS CMOS sensor, many tech bloggers highly recommend it. Yeah! I’m not out of the list.
Do you have a less budget? If you can stay within your budget of up to $500, then Sony Alpha A6400 is not for you. You’ve got to spend slightly more.
In this case, I suggest Sony Alpha a6000 as an alternative.
You will get all the maximum facilities, including LCD, balanced exposure control, 24.3 megapixels optical sensor resolution, etc.
I’m sorry to say that its image stabilization quality is poor.
If you’re fascinated by this feature, try Panasonic LUMIX G100. For Handheld Shooting and Telephoto Photography, image stabilization is essential.
If your purpose is only for as-usual video, portrait photography, and landscape photography, then the Sony Alpha A6000 could be enough. You can save approx $300-$400.
Let’s talk about it’s overall quality. In this case, the first thing that comes to our mind is its display. Right?
Well, you’ll get a tiltable 3.0 sharp LCD. It gives you a premium feel compared to its other competitors like Canon EOS M50, Olympus OM-D E-M1, etc.
I bet, your mind will be blown after capturing the photo under sunlight.
A pretty interesting feature is its sharing option. You can instantly share your photos or videos with the mobile device.
A considerable time can be saved without waiting for a long time.
You can shutter for at least 5 hours with its rechargeable NP FW50 battery. In the case of videography, you may get 3-3.5 hours of on-duty service.
Who doesn’t love to get a gift? You’ll get a shoulder strap, an eyepiece cup, and a micro USB cable. Sounds cool, right?
Need more persuasion? Don’t worry. Let’s check out its highlighted key features.
Highlighted Key Features:
- BIONZ X image processor: Its modern processor will give you extra high speed during shuttering. No more lack and delay while capturing amazing photos.
- APS-C sensor: Sony Alpha a6000’s sensor might be productive to get a detailed and incredible shot. Its resolution is far better than a same-price DSLR camera.
- Ideal object detection algorithm: This budget will deliver you a perfect object detection feature. For portrait photography, it is essential to detect a detailed object.
- Creativity with camera apps.
- Balanced autofocus.
- Compact and easy to use.
- UB-10 Ac adapter.
- Viewfinder is an electronic type.
Actually, you couldn’t get an LCD viewfinder type within this budget. Investing in a Sony Alpha A6400 mirrorless camera is better to get this feature.
03. Cheapest beginner mirrorless camera: Canon EOS R100 Mirrorless Camera
Do you want to upgrade yourself? As a videographer or photographer, you must elevate your expertise level.
It’s an age of competition. In this upgrading process, Canon EOS R100 can be your best mate.
Nikon D5600 is its compettitor. It is a DSLR camera. If you’re looking for a DSLR, not mirrorless, then you can go with Nikon D5600. It should not be decided too early.
A few mirrorless camera is more than perfect in photography than expensive DSLR ones. “Truth Never Dies!”
Not only this. Canon EOS R100 contains an electronic viewfinder.
This viewfinder has around 2.36 million dots with a high-precision 0.39-inch Organic light-emitting diode.
In the same range, the Sony Alpha 5100 has NO Electric viewfinder.
Are you an industrial photographer or a VFX artist? Then, A slow-motion video is a common product for you.
Yeah! All the modern cameras are indeed compatible to do it. But the question is, “Which is better to do it?”
It is an ideal item from my side to get a smooth, slow-motion, or hyper-lapse.
I’ll highly recommend it for the street photographer. Its silent operation feature is helpful for this type of photography.
Now, let’s talk about its image stabilization quality. Though officially, Canon claims that this device has an image stabilization system.
I’m sorry to say there are a few issues in this case. Many users also complain about it. Don’t purchase it if you are expecting this feature.
In this case, it’s better to purchase Panasonic LUMIX G100.
You’ll get 4.5-5 hours of standby support. In the case of photography, it’s possible to get more time. You can cover small birth parties from top to bottom.
In the case of the marriage ceremony, you need to charge it again. But it’s not a good idea. For a wedding photographer, an extra battery must be kept.
Now, let’s talk about its other key features.
Highlighted Key Features.
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor: You’ll get a superb performance while shuttering. Its high-tech processor makes people chuckle while capturing candid photos.
- Dual Pixel CMOS: It’s perfect for group photos. When you must capture a wide area, correctly detecting the desired subject is essential. Its dual CMOS will be helpful to the topic. You don’t need to focus again and again manually.
- 1 Megapixel Sensor: In the case of image formation, light sensing, and dynamic range, 24.1 Sensor is a good fit. During the capturing, you’ll feel how extraordinary this device is.
- High-Definition Video.
- Low weight.
- Upgrade Bluetooth and wifi versions.
- APS-C photo sensor
- This item is not accommodated with a 120/100 fps high frame rate.
04. Cheapest mirrorless camera for content creators: Canon EOS M200
Canon EOS R100 not fulfill your demand? Well. If you are determined to spend extra on Canon items, then the Canon EOS M200 Mirrorless camera is for you.
You will get all the missing facilities in this item, including auto image optimization, 120/100 fps high frame rate, etc.
It has an OLED viewfinder and Canon EOS R100 has also Electronic viewfinder. OLED finder is far better than any poor one.
You must go with this item if you’re looking for it. You may have spent several extra bucks. I bet, it will be worth it for you.
It can be a good option for the content creator, digital marketer, graphic designer, and all digital strategists. You can experience pretty good vertical video support.
Are you looking for an image stabilization feature camera? If you’ve sufficient budget, then go with the Panasonic LUMIX G100.
Besides, you can also choose the Olympus OM-D E-M1 camera. It has a comparatively lower price than the Canon EOS M200.
But, if you are concerned about the overall quality, it’s wise to go with the Canon EOS M200 mirrorless camera.
You can get at least 4 to 5 hours of battery backup. If not sufficient, you can order an extra with it, for the marriage/ wedding photographer should keep an extra battery.
Let’s see, it’s highlighted vital features:
Highlighted Key features:
- Contrast Detection autofocus: You can focus on details both manually and auto. It’s autofocus is perfect than Canon EOS R100. You don’t have to hesitate after the trigger on the subject.
- Frame Rate: You will get up to 120 fps movie frame rate. It’s a high frame rate. You can use it for any medium industrial shooting. For the food bloggers, it can be the best choice.
- 1 Megapixel image sensor: To take a detailed photo, a camera must contain a well-built image sensor. You will get a balanced color under low light.
- High-quality image production.
- Silent mood for capturing candid photos.
- Self-portrait mood.
- CMOS photo sensor.
- Some user complains about its overheating issues.
Not all electronic item is equal. Due to technical, it can happen. It doesn’t mean all the model has the same issue. Don’t leave it just because of silly things.
05. Cheapest Digital mirrorless camera: Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm is an alternative name for a pinnacle of brand excellence. If you ask some nonprofessional person, they will say about Fujifilm camera. It is one of the oldest camera companies.
Do you remember the Nokia mobile phone? They were substantially popular a few years back. But now? They can’t able to upgrade themselves.
Fujifilm was the same, but the positive point is they are upgraded. However, Fujifilm is famous for its cameras.
If I suggest a camera under $500 of Fujifilm, I’ll recommend Fujifilm X-T1 mirrorless camera.
You can also try Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR as an alternative. But its shutter sounds annoying and gets low quality under low light.
With a Fujifilm X-T1, you will get quality photos under low light. Moreover, you can experience 1/4000 sec shutter speed. Sounds cool, right?
What about exposure control? You may be delighted to know that it has a balanced exposure control. An Aperture priority and speed priority exposure are included with it.
Minolta Pro-Shot is comparatively better than Fujifilm X-T1 if you’ve criteria for effective still resolution.
Minolta has approx 20 MP whereas Fujifilm has only 16 MP. Moreover, the price is slightly lower in Minolta.
Kodak PIXPRO Astro camera has an image stabilization feature in the same range price. For this particular scenario, X-T1 has no specific feature.
But, if you sincerely look at the photo’s quality, your mind will be botched.
You can enjoy water, dust resistant, and freezeproof facilities for all the nearest models of Fujifilm. Moreover, overall wifi, Bluetooth, and port quality qualities are the same.
Let’s talk about its battery quality. As far as I know, its battery quality is superb. You can use it for 4-5 hours of high-resolution video shooting.
Is it not still waiting to be swayed? Well. Let’s decide after checking it’s highlighted vital features:
- OLED viewfinder: You can experience a good viewfinder with 100% coverage. It contains approx 2,360,000 dots. At this price, other companies’ cameras offer low-quality viewfinders. Under these circumstances, it’s a win-win situation.
- 1080/30fps HD video: It can be an ideal option for video shooting. You can get 1080/30fps high-definition video quality. No one can complain about its video quality.
- Tilting Display Fixture Type: Such display type makes it more appealing to you. This can assist in maximizing the use of the general display area.
- Comparatively low weight.
- Easy face detection capabilities.
- Stereo audio is supported.
- Shock Resistant.
- The thinner diameter of the lenses delivers smaller space for fine adjustments during focusing and zooming.
06. Best Cheap Compact mirrorless camera: Sony a5100
Do you decide to gift a camera to your partner? We usually want to give an item which is looking attractive.
Sony a5100 is a whitish and ergonomic designed camera. Black color is also available. I prefer a whitish camera as the best gift to your companion.
Your partner will get an ultra-fast auto-focus feature. He/She can easily capture without lacking. Your partner will experience 1/4000 seconds at a time.
You’ll get 24 MP optical sensor resolution. The price is comparatively lower than Canon EOS M200, Sony Alpha a6000, and Sony Alpha ZV-E10.
All these have the exact sensor resolution. Moreover, the screen size is 3 inches for all of them. In this regard, this item is worth it.
You’ll get an electronic viewfinder. In this instance, the viewfinder is the same between Canon EOS R50 and Sony a5100.
Canon EOS R50’s price is much higher than the Sony A5100. You’ll get benefits here.
An LCD is its main feature. Sometimes, I felt doubt that, “Is it really possible?”
The answer is BIG YES. You will get a flip-up touch-screen LCD, which helps you see the exact photo you are capturing.
It’s also perfect for wider photography, portrait, and telephoto.
You will get fantastic experience in slow motion and hyper-lapse video shooting. It can also be an ideal option for YouTubers and remote photographers.
You may get at least 5 hours of battery backup. Don’t need an extra battery for short programs like birthday parties or dating videography.
Now, let’s talk about it’s additional highlighted key features:
Highlighted Key Features:
- USB supported: If you lose your authentic charger, then you can charge it without a genuine one. USB cable is enough to charge with a laptop, power bank, and other alternative options.
- APS-C photo sensor: It includes a powerful APS-C sensor. With it, you can enjoy a low-light photo experience and depth-of-field control facilities.
- Ultra-fast autofocus: The subject will automatically focus with its fast and ultra-focus function. You don’t need to do it manually. So, it’s a hassle-free camera.
- Instant sharing via smartphone.
- Low weight and budget-friendly.
- High speed with no lacking experience.
- Record Full HD 1080 videos.
- It has overheating issues.
Should I get a mirrorless camera as a beginner?
Mirrorless cameras are helpful for both beginners and professionals. All the functions are straightforward to understand.
So, you don’t need to spend a week with the camera. It has an autofocus system. So, a beginner can focus on a subject more quickly than a DSLR camera.
Why Do I prefer a mirrorless over DSLR cameras ?
There are many reasons. Usually, some professional photographer recommends DSLR for their optical viewfinder.
In reality, electronic and LCD viewfinder is more than worth it. In the case of subject detection, a resolution mirrorless camera is far better than a DSLR.
Few DSLR model’s function is complicated. On the other hand, the mirrorless function is much better.
Is A mirrorless camera Sharper than a DSLR?
It has NO answer. Both DSLR and mirrorless are sharper. The sharpness varies from model to model.
The expensive DSLR camera has a better sharpness on all sides. Besides, only some mirrorless camera models have poor quality sharpness in a photo.
How many years does a mirrorless camera last?
Everything has a specific limit. The camera is not out of the list. A quality mirrorless camera can last 6 to 10 years.
But, it can only last 3 years if you’re concerned about it. You should keep it tip-top all the time. Try to make a specific schedule to maintain it.
It’s high time to upgrade your aged camera. A stunning capture makes you proud. It can be only possible with a quality camera. Budget can’t be a burden.
All the listed cameras will be helpful in your journey. Don’t waste your time and money on a low-quality camera. Invest in the right one and boost your photography level.
My dear readers, I’ve reached the final stage of this content. If you’ve any suggestions or queries, please comment. Thanks for your great effort.