Education & Mentorship
Underpinning all of LOOK3’s endeavors is a commitment to education and professional development. In 2014, LOOK3 committed to expanding and deepening LOOK3’s mentorship reach. The LOOK3 mentorship program supports, challenges, and helps to develop the next generation of visionary photographers through three initiatives: LOOKbetween, annual workshops, and one-to-one guidance opportunities.
The LOOK3 Mentorship Program aims to:
• Challenge photographers to push their practices farther through critical discourse and work-in-progress critique.
• Develop powerful, individually defined mentorship experiences.
• Create arenas that encourage dialogue, strengthen advanced visual literacy and critical thinking skills, and invite questions about vital issues in photography.
• Support exchange among peers as well as with established professionals; support ongoing collaboration and networking opportunities.
• Deepen awareness about the implications of photography.
2013: Pamela Chen, Mary Virginia Swanson, Alex Chadwick & Bruce Strong, Denise Wolff, Todd Hido, Stacie MacKenzie, Jessie Wendor & Sasha Wolf
2012: David Alan Harvey, Lynsey Addario, Maggie Steber & Ernesto Bazan, Eugene Richards, Bruce Gilden
2011: Mary Ellen Mark, Christopher Anderson, Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb, Brian Storm
2009: Eugene Richards & Larry Fink, David Alan Harvey & James Nachtwey, Brian Storm
2008: William Albert Allard, David Alan Harvey, Eugene Richards
2007: Maggie Steber, Alex Webb & Rebecca Norris Webb, David Alan Harvey